The unique ‘maceration carbonique’ fermentation, which enhances the fruit and floral aromas of the wine, was used for 45% of the grapes. The other 55% received a traditional, warm, red wine fermentation. The resulting wines completed their malolactic fermentation and were matured for 11 weeks in seasoned French oak barrels, before blending and bottling.
2018 Estate Gamay Noir
Te Mata Tasting Note
Deep, brilliant crimson with a cherry-red edge, Estate Vineyards Gamay Noir ’18 sparkles with lifted candy-apple, strawberry and star anise on the nose. Soft and luscious, the palate overflows with crushed red summer fruit, wild raspberry and cherry. Hints of rosewater and aniseed culminate in this wine’s sumptuous finish. Refreshing in its appeal, beguiling in its detail, Estate Vineyards Gamay Noir ’18 is New Zealand Gamay Noir par excellence – the result of an incredible vintage, this is the best we have made.
100% gamay noir a jus blanc
2 to 5 years +
Estate Gamay Noir '18
In 1995, Te Mata Estate introduced to New Zealand a superior selection of Gamay Noir à Jus Blanc, the grape variety of the best wines of France’s Beaujolais region. Estate Vineyards Gamay Noir ’18 is a single vineyard wine from Te Mata Estate’s Woodthorpe Terraces vineyard, harvested on 20 and 22 March 2018.
All Te Mata Estate wines are grown in the same vineyards, made by the same people, and are all bottled onsite at the winery established in 1896. Estate wines are varietally-driven, representing the finest expression of Te Mata’s Hawke’s Bay vineyard sites.
If you’re ordering for New Zealand delivery the charges are $9 per 6 or 12-pack for North Island courier delivery and $12 per 6 or 12-pack for the South Island. Deliveries are made on weekdays to physical addresses, usually within five working days.
You will receive tracking details when your items are dispatched, please contact us if there’s a delay.
We can send your order to most places in the world. Please email [email protected] with your order and delivery address.